Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Internship Readiness

The qualities of someone who is internship ready are professionalism, knowledgeable, striving to learn, and focused. I plan to demonstrate all the qualities I mentioned, but I also plan to demonstrate my potentials such as being capable of meeting deadlines, participation, and become proactive. My strategy for meeting deadlines would be to complete my assignments on time, have my time well manage, and organize by setting up a daily schedule on my Google calendar. I’ll participate by sharing my ideas with my co-workers, ask questions when I want to understand a certain assignment that is expected of me. I think being proactive is very crucial in the work place and I’m sure my manager will appreciate it. Setting up my priorities, efficient multitasking, and full time engagement, is what is going to help me achieve the art of being proactive. The changes I’m planning on making during the internship phase would depend based on the kind of responsibilities that are expected of me. For example, if I have a position in the help desk department, I plan to take advantage of it by using it as a way to grow my communication skills and find a method to combine it with my tech skills in order to succeed in the workplace. The knowledge, the skills, and the experiences that Year Up offers will be the tools I will use in order to accomplish my life time goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment