Thursday, September 22, 2011

View on Hunters Point

On Monday September 19, 2011 two young men fired shots at each other in front of the Torino Grocery Market on Third and Palou Avenue in San Francisco Ca. Both men missed each other, but a five year old girl was caught in the crossfire. The five year old girl was shot down in the knee while she and her dad were trying to get away from the shooting. Investigators are still looking at numerous surveillance footage from around the area. They found one security tape that is said to have shown the actual shooting. The girl's Father is very upset about the whole incident. The girl spent the night at the hospital; the results are that her injuries are not life-threatening. The reason I am writing about this article is because it really got to me, not only because I live around that area but also because a former neighbor of mine and her new born baby were there during the shooting. She lives right on that street and as soon as the shooting occurred she rushed inside her house with her baby. It upsets me when I hear about conflicts such as this one because it just reminds me that there are still selfish irresponsible people that walk the streets. Many don't understand why there's people that do inconsiderate things that lead to this kinds of situations but i can tell you that even most offenders don't understand because most of them are raised that way and for the most that's all they know. I share just as much guilt for associating and being partially raised that way but lucky for me I was raised in two different ways which later on gave me some understanding of both aspects. I am glad to know the girl survived. I believe everything that happens has its reasons whether it's a good one or bad one everybody in the community has been impacted in some way. If you are interested following up on the story here is the URL: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/san_francisco&id=8362992

No comments:

Post a Comment