Thursday, September 29, 2011

Moving Forward

I discovered my passion for computers when I was locked up. I took a computer literacy class that taught me the computer basics. My curiosity started going towards something positive and I saw a future in technology. The more my teacher taught me, the more I wanted to learn. Until this day I don’t know what exactly attracted me into technology but I began to build a passion the more I got involved. When my freedom came I had my goals set. One of the hardest things I had to face was finding one opportunity. Getting into Year up was not an easy process but I was determined to face anything that came my way. My chances of getting into Year up were very slim, not only because I had to compete with more than 500 other applicants but there were also concerns about my record. It took a lot of sacrifice to make it happen but I was committed. Now that I am in Year Up my goals is to build a professional record and network. I’m currently developing as a young professional by taking Business Communications and Tech classes.  I am aware that my history limits my prospects but I’m a man that knows what he wants and there’s nothing that can stop me from trying to reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment