Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Corporate America


Companies profit from low-wage earners by being sneaky about their businesses. They talk more about how the company can help the consumer but they don’t get into detail on what you have to do in order to pay them back. I think the corporations, government, or individuals hold responsibility for alleviating this issue. Corporations don’t say too much on what you really have to owe them; they talk mostly about what their services can do for you. Governments hold responsibility as well because not much education on how to do businesses with the corporations are provided. A majority of the responsibility goes toward the individuals for many reasons, for example, ignorance, busy, not doing enough research, and poor decision making.  One thing about me is that I never do business on the spot unless I have a good understanding; otherwise I go do my research. I remember a time when I was looking for a bank and this one particular bank tried to persuade me to join them by offering a cooler bag with their logo on it. I wasn’t fooled by all the free gifts; I was focused on what they really had to offer and what I had to do for them in order to benefit both of us. I talked to at least one representative from each bank but never did any agreements on the spot until I did my research to concur with their statements. I am glad I took the time to educate myself and get a good understanding on what I got myself into. When the government decides to push toward this issue, there would be resilience in the opportunity divide. If the government decides to educate individuals on this topic many businesses would go down because they would no longer fool people just so they can get support for their companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment