Sunday, October 30, 2011

Community Essay Pre-Writing Prompt

Members: The members from my community are the Year Up staff and students.
Interact: The interaction within my community is academic, friendly, and professional.
Membership: There are a variety of ranks within the Year Up organization. Such as the site leaders, followed by the teachers, and then comes the students.
Choice: Yes, students choose to be part of the Year Up program to obtain an opportunity, education, internship and a successful future.
Community Characteristics: Year Up’s expectations for everyone is to be respectful and professional. Year Up has great learning and safe environment.
Benefits: some of the benefits Year Up provides are education, weekly stipends, internships, and a variety of great resources.
Disadvantages: Only 80 can be chosen at a time to participate.
Successes: Graduates have a higher chance to keep on succeeding. Year Up graduates have more education and experiences.
Problems: Unprofessional behavior can sometimes set Year Up to have a bad image.
Like: What I enjoy about the community is that it has a powerful support network within the community and corporations. I also enjoy working with my colleagues. I like the education topics and the great teachers that teach them.
Dislike: What I dislike about my community is that cell phones and tablets are not permitted to be used in the building at all. For example, you can’t use it during break and lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment