Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Internship Prep

The skills I plan to anticipate first on my internship are my knowledge on troubleshooting computers and my ability to adapt quick to any environment. My main concern regarding my internship is what kind of environment will I be placed in, for example, is it going to be conservative environment or it going to be more of a liberal environment?. I hope to work in an office environment similar to Year Up because being in a positive environment working along with great colleagues and instructors makes it easier to become more productive and keep focused on what needs to be done. The type of manager I’ll work great with is someone admires quality work and who is very supportive to look out for my best interests. The skills I’m hoping to develop at my internship is my networking skills because I believe that alone can take me so far ahead into my career path. My main anxieties regarding my internship are the location and how much time will it take for me to get there. I can’t really answer on how I plan to stand out while at my internship because it would really depend on the type of environment I’m placed in, the type of people I work with, and what expectations are expected of me. I’m going to have to strategize along the way but I’m confident I’ll find a way to stand out. If I don’t become employed right after my internship, my tentative plans are to go to college to continue my education, get a temporary job, and hopefully by then I’ll be an independent representative for a telecommunications company.

No comments:

Post a Comment